It’s not a 4 year-old birthday party unless there’s a martini bar, right?
Plain and simple, I wanted the parents to have as much fun as the kiddos at Parker’s pool party. Naturally that means…
House Cocktails! And so, the Lemonade/Lemongrass Cucumber Martini Bar was born. Parker and her cousins could run over, still dripping from the pool, and help themselves to lemonade from the spigot while we grown up kids doctored up the tart juice with a shaker of lemongrass, cucumber & mint-infused vodka. Total hit.
Try this one on for size at your upcoming Memorial Day grill-out!
- 2 cans of lemonade concentrate (*we like Minute Maid or Newman’s Own)
- 1 bottle Vodka (*we like Ketel One)
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced (about 1.5 cup)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- Following the instructions on the can, make the lemonade. Pour into pitcher/dispenser and set aside.
- Mix all fresh ingredients in another smaller pitcher. Allow them to infuse vodka for at least 2 hours, and up to overnight.
- To make the martini: In a cocktail shaker, combine 3 oz lemonade, 2 oz vodka and several ice cubs. Shake well and strain into martini glass.